Wednesday, May 5, 2010

5 Stars: Al Rawsha Restaurant - Lebanese Food in Kuala Lumpur


Ahlan! Marhaba! Ya Hala! Welcome! To the best Arabic (Lebanese) Restaurant in Malaysia. I know there's others as well but I've made my comparison and I believe this is the one for me. For all of the places I've been to, this place reminds me the restaurants in Dubai. No worries, I'll tell you later about that experience as there's one worthy restaurant to mention later but as for now lets concentrate on Al Rawsha. Named after a  famous legendary Rawsha rock in Beirut, Lebanon.

It was really embarrassing on how I got to know this restaurant. This because that it was actually introduced by my close friends in Malaysia who are students from Oman! How could I; a Malaysian myself not know about restaurants in Malaysia. So lets not let these things ever happen again. 

Going there was quite fimiliar as it was the same road heading to Ampang but you just need to make a detour into Jalan Damai, that is just after the Aldo/Cherry Showroom; just turn left if you're coming from KLCC. Coming there for the first time, I saw a large number of Arab customers mixed with Malaysians. This view was quite similiar to my experience during my student years in UIAM / IIUM in Gombak; where UIAM / IIUM was the place that actually first introduced me to Middle Eastern foods.

Okay lets talk about the food now. the first food that was recommended to me by my Omani Friends (Ahmad, Waleed, Ahmado and Mohammad) was Chicken or Lamb Mandy. This dish is a combination of a Mandy flavored roasted Chicken or lamb(mutton) with rice, yogurt, chilli sauce, fresh green chilli and sliced carrots as per these pics:



After eating these dishes, the verdict is awesome, can't get enough of it!!! I just want more, arhggghhh!!! Laziz (in Arabic;means delicious). Okay, no worries, you'll have your turn soon, I believe ;)

Other than that there are many things to choose from and even the famous Non-Alcoholic Beer; Barbican, which comes in many flavors and not to mention Sisha as well. Please have a look at these extra pics of dishes:

Grill Lamb





Tafathal Mashkurah!..bisura'ah!..don't think about it, just go.this is the closes to the middle east in Malaysia that you'll ever be. As for price is concern one persons cost should be at least RM25 per pax so, be ready to spend like Sheikh! haha enjoy ;)


Al-Rawsha Restaurant
No. 78 Jalan Damai off Jalan Ampang
55000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2143 9151
Fax: +603-2145 6943
Halal

0 comments:

Bon Appetit!   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP