Thursday, April 22, 2010

5 Stars: Waroeng Penyet @ The Curve, Mutiara Damansara, Petaling Jaya


Aaaaahhhh...I've always loved Waroeng Penyet! It may be because this is the first place that I had my date with my sayang or it may be because of the Bali experience I had or it might be the awesome crazy hot sambal that they have or maybe because it's located at my favorite chillin place: The Curve! Either one, it does not make a difference to me, I'm so glad I found this place. It so reminds me Indonesia a lot! I've always like the food in Indonesian. It's somehow similar to Malaysia but there's always something different (X-Factor) about Indonesia. The fun part of this place are the staffs; all of them are Indonesian! And I'm not talking about those rural Indonesian who don't have the slightest manner in their saying or act,. At this place, the staffs are professionals, well-mannered Indonesian. Furthermore, there are able to understand english and malay and their is Indonesian is clear and easy to understand by me and other locals. Kudos to the management of this place. Anyway, there's only one disappointment that I feel that needs to be addressed; the number of seats and tables that they have; it's always not enough! But, what I know is, they have taken the shop next to them and expended their shop; haven't been there lately but will soon.

All of the foods here are awesome but what gives it an extra level higher is the Sambal; CRAZY SPICY HOT SAMBAL; never had enough of it! so for for those weak tongues out there, please think twice before you have this sambal okay; don't say I didn't warn you enough. And don't worry about the word "penyet" or in English it means "flatten"; no worries, it doesn't mean that it's based on road kill chickens or anything but it's just the process of softening or tenderizing the meat only in the traditional Indonesian way. Insha-Allah, it is halal. So enough said poeple, move your lazy bum and have it for yourselves and if you need more info; look into this link below & enjoy the few pics I have here:




0 comments:

Bon Appetit!   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP