Friday, April 23, 2010

5 Stars: Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant, SohoKL, Solaris Mont Kiara


"SUMIMASEN"! this Japanese phrase can also be used to call out to someone when you want their attention! So do I have you attention now? ;) haha!


Anyway, as for "TENJI"; is actually a combination of 2 Chinese words – “tien”, meaning heaven and “ji”, meaning royal gift and also the name of a noble emperor who saved Japan from slavery and codified Japanese law. But to me "TENJI" was my pet rabbit who has passed away. So sad lah...

No worries let the past be the past and as per now, let's talk about Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant; located at the center of where most of the expats live in Malaysia; that is Mont Kiara and this is where most of people in KL would like to live as well. You can pretty much say that this is a very high end and beautiful place to live in but not for me; can't afford it now, maybe later, Insha-Allah!

It's been awhile since I've been to Tenji; I believe it was last year where I went with two of my colleagues (Svami & Brian) and of course with my sayang too ;) Tenji was quite hidden in Soho KL and based on the price I was really expecting this place to be as good as the price is. Do you know that you have to make a booking first to see whether there is any availability! Yes and when we arrived there, people were already lining up to register in based on their bookings. The anticipation became higher for me. So, when we finally went in, it was a sight for sore eyes and bellies! Simply gorgeous and with the amount of food stations within that place it felt like you died and gone to Japanese Heaven! Haha!.. I know I might be exaggerating but as for a first timer at a Japanese buffet and Japanese Food lover, this is paradise for me and might be for you too!

When we made the booking, we requested the table with view outside and definitely for smoking purposes ;)
The view was gorgeous too! and as it was night we where able to see KL's night skyline from there. And as for the view inside; it was definitely food & drinks galore!



There where so many food and drinks to choose from! I couldn't judge whether all are Japanese dishes or not but what I know is my taste-bud and wonderful belly said yes to every each of the dishes offered. Oh, I wish the night would last forever. But sadly, the night had to end soon as my belly has filled to it's fullest even though I could feel that I could still go a lil' bit more ;D

Overall this is a place I would suggest to all the serious heavy eaters out there and for those who are not, please don't waste your money, go to the other Japanese places that suits your load. But if you're too rich already, by all means; dig in. This is a place not to be missed!

By the way if you want more information like prices and directions; please visit these links:

http://blog.tenji.com.my/
http://www.tenji.com.my/home.html

Tenji Japanese Buffet Restaurant

Operated by Palm Crest Restaurant Sdn. Bhd (765661-P)
Lot L-01-01, Soho KL, Solaris Mont Kiara,
No.2 Jalan Solaris, 50480 Kuala Lumpur

0 comments:

Bon Appetit!   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP